Commercial and Residential Real Estate
Commercial Real Estate
Commercial real estate transactions can be complicated! Having a team of skilled negotiators can be the difference between a good deal and a great one. It’s important to choose your counsel carefully!
Are looking into purchasing a commercial or industrial building? Do you want to develop real estate for residential, retail, commercial or industrial purposes? Looking for financing? Are you a landlord who is having difficulty managing a landlord-tenant dispute? Fitzgerald Attorneys at Law cover the full-spectrum to provide you with the representation you need to solve virtually any legal issue pertaining to commercial real estate.
We partner with clients like yourself to help cultivate creative legal strategies catered to the specific needs of your situation. We use our experience to protect your interest in real estate transactions. We are prepared to assist individual businesses throughout the Pioneer Valley and Connecticut with a wide range of real estate transactions, including:
- The purchase and sale of warehouses, apartment complexes, shopping centers/plazas, mobile home parks, land and more
- Acquisitions and negotiation of bridge loans and construction financing
- Subleases and agreements, business liquidation, business sale, and Lease negotiations
- Drafting of agreements and negotiation of leases, brokerage agreements, listing agreements as well as management agreements
- Negotiation/drafting of vendor, employment and construction contracts
- The negotiation and drafting of easements, restrictive covenants and condominium documents
- Coordination with qualified intermediaries, surveyors, inspectors, realtors, insurance companies, architects, contractors and appraisers
- Processed permitting, licensing & zoning for project development
To schedule a confidential consultation to discuss how we can help you with your commercial real estate transaction, please click here to schedule a consultation today!
Counseled a real estate development company for a ground lease for the development of a mix-use project involving retail, entertainment and hospitality uses.
Counseled a real estate development company for the special permitting of a Planned Unit Residential Development.
Counseled a real estate development company in the filing for local and state approval, special legislation for the town to authorize an additional liquor license to one of the tenants within the company’s development.
Counseled several real estate development companies in their special permitting of residential subdivisions.
Counseled a national resort management company in the leasing and permitting of Western Massachusetts golf course.
Counseled an international firm in connection with the acquisition, development of start-up golf course.
Representation of various franchisees acquisition of leasing in existing and current restaurant locations.
Negotiated terms and represented commercial lender with sale of its shares.
Represented credit union in matters of compliance with regulatory matters.
Residential Real Estate
Whether it’s your first home purchase or your last, real estate transactions can be a truly overwhelming experience. Many people have learned the hard way that big problems can arise from not paying attention to the little details hidden within those tall stacks of paper. It’s important that your mortgages, title, deeds, liens, inspections, disclosures, insurance and more be handled correctly by the closing date. More often than not, it is more expensive and time consuming to correct the problems after the purchase or sale.
Whether you’re looking to buy, sell or refinance your property, our experienced counselors can work with you to help solve legal problems, protect your rights and facilitate your transactions.
Fitzgerald Attorneys at Law offers a full range of residential real estate services to lenders, sellers and borrowers alike:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating your contracts to ensure they reflect your wishes and understanding regarding your transaction
- Ensuring due diligence has been completed for all facets of the purchase
- Facilitating relationships with lenders and inspectors
- Reviewing land records and issuing title insurance
- Negotiating successful resolutions when agreements and plans fail
- Protecting your rights regarding financing contingencies, sale contingencies and time frames
- Attending closings and acting as closing agent
To schedule a confidential consultation to discuss how we can help you with your residential real estate transaction, please click here to schedule a consultation today